Batten Wall vs Render and plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just stripped back the plaster work on a wall that I've have performed a damp repair on.

The issue i have now is that that state of the aerated concrete block (I think thermalite) is really bad.

This wall originally had a render on it, that was stripped back by the pervious owner, and in the process has take massive chunks out of the brick works here and there - I assume they used a tool that has two barrels and requires a license!

The previous own then boarded the wall up with dot and dad, I've just remove that and in try to remove the adhesive I have not really help the situation much.

So the question is what do I do now?

I have two instincts:
  1. Replaster the wall again properly with a render, filling all of the gauges and chunks in the brick work skimming over and remaining adhesive.
  2. Construct a batten wall and hide the hideous state of the wall behind plaster board.
Which of these options is better?

Sponsored Links
You can use Hardwall u/c and multi finish ( render is usually sand/cement );)

You can use Hardwall u/c and multi finish ( render is usually sand/cement );)

Is that considered better than constructing a batten wall?

Time and to a degree cost is not a huge issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back