Battery or alternator

The only way you can ensure value for money with a battery is to buy it by weight, the more Kg you can get for your money the better. There are one or two firms on the net that quote battery weights, even if you don't buy from them it will give you a guide of the ammount of lead per £.

Peter

Sponsored Links
The only way you can ensure value for money with a battery is to buy it by weight, the more Kg you can get for your money the better. There are one or two firms on the net that quote battery weights, even if you don't buy from them it will give you a guide of the ammount of lead per £.

Peter

I must say, I've never thought of that one :p
Nice one, Peter.
John :)

Modern batteries are meant to be sealed for life, but they still use distilled water, but at much lower rate. Some times (well every time I've tried) you can lever of the "sealing" cover and top the battery up and then it works again!
Frank

Sorry for late reply guys...

Unfortuneatly it was a combination of both, the Battery was fooked and the alternator on its way out. It is still giving power enough to run the car but its fluctuating. I got a new battery in and the autospark is overhauling the alternator this week, £75. or he would replace for £150. He said his overhaul would leave it like new so I went for that.

Thanks for the replies though :).

Sponsored Links
Car out and all fixed, apparently the alternator just needed rewired?? So only cost £40, I hate not knowing what a trades mans talkign baout, any ideas?

Back