battery problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
my dads been ill had to leave his car parked up for five weeks starting up car battery was flat as pancake lifted up bonnet to top of battery coverd in some powderey deposits any clues to what might of happened
regards

Sponsored Links
neilski said:
hi,
my dads been ill had to leave his car parked up for five weeks starting up car battery was flat as pancake lifted up bonnet to top of battery coverd in some powderey deposits any clues to what might of happened
regards

yes, your dad has some sort of illness that is keeping him housebound, i really do hope he gets better

Your all heart breezer. :LOL:

The white deposits are called verdigree and are common on batteries which have been neglected. You could remove it with hot water and then remove, clean and re-fit the leads, then coat with vaseline. Topping up with distilled water at the same time. Then charge the battery or jump start the car and leave it running to charge the battery. You may be OK, but in my experience and given that batteries are quite cheap, I would probably just buy a new one. The last thing you want is it letting him down when the winter comes, more so if he isn't very well.

Sponsored Links
Back