Battery Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've a Bosch GSR 14.4 VE-2 Pro drill that uses 14.4V 2.4ah batteries. Does anyone know if 2.6ah batteries can be used ?

I'm looking for a couple of replacement batteries, as the current ones aren't holding the charge for very long, and it's a pain to constantly have them on charge.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
these people http://eurobatteries.com/sitepages/nimh.asp say you can take the battery case apart and fit replacement cells, they tell me that despite the numerous different battery packs, they all have the same stuff inside. Some cells have tags on the end so you can solder them together to give the voltage you need.

Battery driven tools are very tolerant of variations in voltage

Thanks JohnD.

I've seen a few 2.6ah batteries being advertised at less than RRP, but don't often see the 2.4ah versions. Hence the query.

Sponsored Links
the a h is the fuel tank so providing your charger is rated at 2.6 which the bosch will be [up to 3ah]then fine go ahead

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back