Replacement batteries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace two 18v 2Ah NiCd Bosch batteries code 2 607 335 266 but have found out that the replacement is 2 607 335 680 a 2.4Ah NiCd. The price is £95plus VAT each!!!!! Almost as much as a replacement new drill. Have found some in http://www.a1-battery.co.uk at about £18 each although they are NiMH. I gather that my charger, a NiCd only one? one will not charge NiMH is that correct? The other thing has anyone tried these "cheap" batteries and are they any good?

Sponsored Links
The price of battery tools is influenced more by the battery than anything else. The cheap batteries are cheap because they won't do the job the real ones do whether they're NiMH or NiCad. I had Bosch hydride batteries and they're not as good as NiCad. Got about 50 charge cycles out of them.

These batteries have a "New 100% guarantee,1 year Warranty". I guess if they are knackered in a couple of months I can replaced them?

A Nicad charger will not normally charge NiMh batteries. Secondly as oilman has said, it is the battereies that make up most of the cost of machines. There is a LOT of difference between cheapo ones and good ones.
Yes they MIGHT come with a warrenty, but firstly trying to claim on it might be more hassle than what its worth, and secondly how many times might you have to do it?

If you also use it for trade purposes you might also invalidate the warrenty. I would consider looking around a bit more yet, or alternativly you might pick up a new drill in one of the Chrimbo promotions...
Woody

Sponsored Links
or take the bat pack apart... you might just find its full of AA cells that can be replaced... just an idea (done it with laptop bat packs)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back