Battery question

Thanks Bernard. That answers the technical side of my questions. I suspected the higher rated battery would not last as long to be honest as I guessed it was designed to discharge faster.
I thought the discharge may have been kept in check purel by the circuits the battery was attatched to. ie the current draw being the discharge factor but I was also worried that the higher output battery may simply have it the backlight brighter and still discharged quicker.

Sponsored Links
Not going to divulge the panel type, though :confused:

I didn't divulge the panel type because it is a Yale hsa 6400 and I have seen previous threads while searching for an answer that would indicate that mentioning yale is akin to admitting you wear your underpants over your trousers so seeking to avoid abuse I didn't mention it was yale.
However I have wasted my time as it would seem piffle and europlex wish to pounce on new posters regardless.
The advertisers on here won't get much exposure on here as I certainly won't be back.

now Bernard hopefully will answer the question and I can get out of here.
Not at all. The concern was/is that you were asking a question that showed a lack of knowledge on the subject. Without knowing the panel how could we possibly answer correctly?
Make of panel doesn't come into it! Bernard has already explained the possible implications.

The amount of useful power taken from the battery is determined only by the equipment and not by the capacity of the battery.

So in theory, if all batteries were made the same way, then a fully charged 3600mAhr battery would supply a piece of equipment with power for about 6 times as long as a fully charged 600mAhr battery would.

But batteries are constructed in different ways to suit different applications so the theory about time relates to capacity is not valid when different types of battery are involved.

I didn't divulge the panel type because it is a Yale hsa 6400 and I have seen previous threads while searching for an answer that would indicate that mentioning yale is akin to admitting you wear your underpants over your trousers so seeking to avoid abuse I didn't mention it was yale.
However I have wasted my time as it would seem piffle and europlex wish to pounce on new posters regardless.
The advertisers on here won't get much exposure on here as I certainly won't be back.

Not at all. The concern was/is that you were asking a question that showed a lack of knowledge on the subject. Without knowing the panel how could we possibly answer correctly?
Make of panel doesn't come into it! Bernard has already explained the possible implications.

Rubbish. You simply have an unhelpful arrogant personality.

your 'helpful' posts...

don't answer then.

Why ask for advice if you won't give information?

---------

If you're such an expert why bother asking in the first place.

----------

You may note Bernard answered the subject without resorting to petty jibes.

Sponsored Links

I take exception to coming home from work to find this sort of comment from someone who asks a question then objects to being asked for further information to clarify the situation.

At the time I did not understand why the panel type was such a state secret.

I'll say no more batteryquestion, other than I'm not sorry to see you gone if simple well meaning questions are offensive to you.

Europlex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back