baumatic cooker hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
after fitting out my kitchen with led's spots in quest to save on the bills or save the planet (wat ever ) i decided to put led's in the cooker hood and then the lights blew the fan still works and the light for light indicator comes on .so the question is would there be a fuse or something inside the chimney ,it would be more trouble than enough to remove the chimney so i need to know if it is repairable ,i phoned baumatic and they want a £90 call out for a £200 hood
............. thanks will

cooker hood model no. BT9.3GL

Sponsored Links
Have you tried fitting one of your original lamps back in ?
Checked the voltage of both ?

Ed

yes i replaced with new bulbs and when i looked at the cable it goes to the top of the fan so i was'nt sure if there was to be a fuse or a pcb had blown ...
cheers ed

I have a Baumatic cooker hood std.2ss and it is my 3rd one 2 fused the light and one the fan and not both they say it is my elec this proves it is not

Sponsored Links
as the lamps are G4 , the transformer may have had an objection to running at such a low level.

original G4s = 40W total, the LEDs 3W??

German to me

what I need to know is baumatic are saying it is my house electrics that are causing the fault.

if that was the case then both fan and light would have blown....fan is working fine this is 3rd time this has happened

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back