Baumatic dishwasher problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Item: Baumatic BDW14 integrated dishwasher.

Problem: Dishwasher does not heat the water and shows an E3 error.

History: The dishwasher has never had any problems since it was installed apart from being notoriously noisy.

Research: If the water does not heat up it is usually due to an element or thermostat failure.

Current situation: We want to get the dishwasher working ourselves as it is out of guarantee.

Main enquiry: How can we tell what part needs replacing? Is it an easy job?

Comments: Just shows that you get what you pay for; we have has a Siemens integrated dishwasher for 6 years now and haven't had a problem, yet the Baumatic in question has only been in for 3-4 years and it has already failed...apart from that it is in my Grannies house so it is under very light usage.

Sponsored Links
I had 2 of these with this fault - first failed outside warranty, but amazingly baumatic still helped & replaced free of charge. after the second failure, i threw it away & bought a siemns too.

Thanks, what surprises me is that this dishwasher is used at the most twice a week and it still broke down.

How many months out of warranty was yours?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, what surprises me is that this dishwasher is used at the most twice a week and it still broke down.

How many months out of warranty was yours?

i dont recall exactly, but less than a year out of warranty, fitted to a luxury c london flat occupied 1 night a week by a single person so dw barely used.

Hi david,
I had the same e3 error today. Appliance is 20 months old and we use it pretty intensively.
Did you solve the problem?
Did you get repair free of charge as well?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back