Baxi 105 HE Domestic Hot Water Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently my boiler is giving error code 60 when DHW is being used (fault on pump or low pressure). Pressure in the system when cold is 1.0 bar.
When CH is on DHW works as it should everytime, the diverter valve spindle which makes contact with the pump proving micro switch in CH mode moves very quickly and makes contact immediately but when CH is off and DHW is needed the spindle moves very slowly and struggles to make contact with the micro switch (occasionally it does).

The following has been done to rectify this issue to no avail :-

Replace pump
Replace primary and secondary heat exchangers
Replace plate exchanger
Replace diverter valve including diaphragm
Replace PCB

In addition the bypass pipe and pig tail have been checked for any blockages
Venturi assembly filter checked and replaced

I was wondering if anybody else has had the same problem and how it was rectified?

Sponsored Links
The Venturi has been changed to a new one
The water flow is good
I'm on a repair contract with British Gas, they changed all the parts.

Recently my boiler is giving error code 60 when DHW is being used (fault on pump or low pressure). Pressure in the system when cold is 1.0 bar.
When CH is on DHW works as it should everytime, the diverter valve spindle which makes contact with the pump proving micro switch in CH mode moves very quickly and makes contact immediately but when CH is off and DHW is needed the spindle moves very slowly and struggles to make contact with the micro switch (occasionally it does).

The following has been done to rectify this issue to no avail :-

Replace pump
Replace primary and secondary heat exchangers
Replace plate exchanger
Replace diverter valve including diaphragm
Replace PCB

In addition the bypass pipe and pig tail have been checked for any blockages
Venturi assembly filter checked and replaced

I was wondering if anybody else has had the same problem and how it was rectified?
Strikes me they are just guessing and replacing random parts,might as well of replaced boiler

Sponsored Links
How much has all that cost? Why did you not go for baxi fixed price repair..you determined to fix it no matter the cost?has the same person fitted all those parts,,,fek me there is nout left to replace other than the case

How much has all that cost? Why did you not go for baxi fixed price repair..you determined to fix it no matter the cost?has the same person fitted all those parts,,,fek me there is nout left to replace other than the case

I'm on a repair contract with British Gas, they paid for all the parts and labour, the probable down side is my monthly payment will probably increase when I renew the contract next year.

call British gas customer services and tell them you either want a lead engineer or a baxi engineer as your patience has run out, no need to be rude to them just tell them you want it resolved , they have processes in place for these situations , surprised it hasnt been picked up already

call British gas customer services and tell them you either want a lead engineer or a baxi engineer as your patience has run out, no need to be rude to them just tell them you want it resolved , they have processes in place for these situations , surprised it hasnt been picked up already

British Gas coming tomorrow morning - if no joy then will request Baxi engineer to try and put this to bed once and for all.

Update.
A joint British Gas & Baxi engineers visit has been setup - I hope this finally puts the DHW problem to bed!

keep us updated please, my guess is someone hasnt done their job right as diverter valve service kit and venturi should have solved it

keep us updated please, my guess is someone hasn't done their job right as diverter valve service kit and venturi should have solved it

Solved!!!
Baxi engineer fixed the boiler last night, 22mm pipe from heat exchanger outlet to diverter valve inlet was partially blocked with black crud - new one fitted and hey presto everything working as it should!
He said he could hear a small amount of "Kettling" which led him to suspect blockage and restricted flow.

Attachments

• s-l640 (1).jpg
    s-l640 (1).jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 102
  • s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 102

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back