Baxi 105 - No Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi 105 Combi, is about 3 years old. The Central Heating is working fine, however the hot water is not.
If the boiler has been on for 30 minutes due to the Central Heating, I will get about 3 minutes of hot water, perhaps that which is retained within the system.
If the central heating is not on, then the boiler fires up ok but delivers no hot water to the taps. The boiler remans fired up until the hot water demand at the tap is switched off.
..any thoughts anybody?

Sponsored Links
It sounds like the diverter valve section isnt diverting water through to the dhw, instead it will be sending it through the central heating pipework. from cold pipework, turn on the hot water and check to see if the flow pipe of the central heating heats up.

Sponsored Links
did you say that when you run the tap the boiler fires up without the central heating being called for? If this is the case then the dhw diaphragm may not be at fault, if it was pin holed then the differential pressure when you ran the tap wouldnt be enough to lift the spindle and activate the microswitch, then the boiler wouldnt fire up at all.

did you say that when you run the tap the boiler fires up without the central heating being called for? If this is the case then the dhw diaphragm may not be at fault, if it was pin holed then the differential pressure when you ran the tap wouldnt be enough to lift the spindle and activate the microswitch, then the boiler wouldnt fire up at

all.

Think you need to read what the OP wrote. ;)

Thanks for your responses.
I can confirm that the central heating pipes do not get hot when i run the hot water without the heating on.
If it is the diaphram, where do i find it.
does anyone have a schematic diagram of this boiler

Does the HW warm up at all (apart from the CH demand bit)?

did you say that when you run the tap the boiler fires up without the central heating being called for? If this is the case then the dhw diaphragm may not be at fault, if it was pin holed then the differential pressure when you ran the tap wouldnt be enough to lift the spindle and activate the microswitch, then the boiler wouldnt fire up at

all.

Think you need to read what the OP wrote. ;)

I think you do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back