Baxi 105e boiler flame keeps extinguishing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

I have the following problem with my Baxi 105e combi instant boiler:

With both DHW and CH, burner flame ignites (neon light comes on) but then after 3-5 seconds there is a clicking noise and flame extinguishes itself (neon light goes out). After about a second burner flame ignites again (neon light comes on) and sequence is repeated. There are no error lights on the boiler illuminated.

Pre-heated DW eventually reaches 80 degrees and boiler switches off, but we are unable to have showers or CH as water does not heat up quickly enough.

For info, I drained the system down to add some inhibitor and boiler has not worked properly since. All rads have been bled, system pressure is correct and I have bled the pump. I have also drained and refilled the system again but fault still occurs.

I have been advised that it might be an airlock in the boiler. If so, how do I clear this or does anybody have any other ideas as to what problem could be?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Rimmer 15

Sponsored Links
this problem occurs on baxis when boiler looses an earth or a neutral.check wiring first.

Thanks for the replies :D

Auto Air Bleed - Is that the automatic air vent located near the back of the pump?

If it is, it looks like the vent has been leaking as there is lots of scale around this area. Would it be an idea to change the automatic air vent as I noticed on another topic that this was recommended to someone.

Is the auto air bleed the only way to get an airlock out of a boiler?

Thanks again

Rimmer 15

Sponsored Links
It seems to be a gas or ignition aspect and that should be investigated by a competent CORGI !

Tony

Just to update present position:

I called in Mr Corgi today as I didn't feel I would be able to fix problem.

After about 30 minutes he located the problem. A venturi in the flue, just above the fan had melted. This was giving out intermittent signals to the boiler which resulted in the continuious switching on/off.

New part has been ordered and will be fitted Monday. :D

Thanks for all the help and advice from the people who replied to my original message.

Rimmer 15

It would normally only melt if the boiler had been able to fire with no water in it!

There may be another underlying fault!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back