baxi 105e fault. tried everything and still wont fire up !!

Anyone checked the air flow side ie air pressure switch etc or supply polarity.

Sponsored Links
Work you way back through the sequence to see whats working at what isn't.

Surely the gas valve can be tested by seeing if the voltage remains constant?

Does the signal from APS remain constant? Same goes for flow switches? etc etc.

Anyone checked the air flow side ie air pressure switch etc or supply polarity.

polarity is fine and as fan is opeating this rules out air pressure switches , they have been checked and ruled all the same.

Work you way back through the sequence to see whats working at what isn't.

Surely the gas valve can be tested by seeing if the voltage remains constant?

Does the signal from APS remain constant? Same goes for flow switches? etc etc.

voltage at gas valve is around 19v which according to the techie dept is correct.

im pretty sure any flow problems brings on a warning light , this displays nothing.

Sponsored Links
jeffc1970

I SAID SIMPLE.

DO NOT ARGUE

CHANGE THE LEADS

NEVER MIND YOUR CONTINUITY TEST

TOMORROW MORNING CHANGE THE LEADS

MUST BE BAXI GENUINE PARTS.

OTHER LEADS MAY NOT WORK

David.

yes I am shouting.

jeffc1970

I SAID SIMPLE.

DO NOT ARGUE

CHANGE THE LEADS

NEVER MIND YOUR CONTINUITY TEST

TOMORROW MORNING CHANGE THE LEADS

MUST BE BAXI GENUINE PARTS.

OTHER LEADS MAY NOT WORK

David.

yes I am shouting.

im in a position to try my leads on another boiler and vice versa so will try that this morning once i get over my deafness :D

jeffc1970

Sorry about your deafness I will not shout so loud next time.

be very careful with the leads on the other boiler

They are not your average bit of copper wire with a pushfit connector crimped on either end.

I think you might find they are strands of cotton??? covered with carbon. Flex an old one too much and you may find you have to buy two sets of leads,

not to mention a few pints and a bunch of flowers as you have disabled your friends boiler for the week end :eek:

David

jeffc1970

Sorry about your deafness I will not shout so loud next time.

be very careful with the leads on the other boiler

They are not your average bit of copper wire with a pushfit connector crimped on either end.

I think you might find they are strands of cotton??? covered with carbon. Flex an old one too much and you may find you have to buy two sets of leads,

not to mention a few pints and a bunch of flowers as you have disabled your friends boiler for the week end :eek:

David

at the risk of being shouted at again :p the techie guy at Baxi reckons it should have run with the white lead disconected :confused: :confused:

local place doesnt have a lead in stock :evil: is there a voltage check that can be done on the lead :?:

jeffc1970

If the white wire goes to the spark electrode and looks like copper then you only have to worry about the flame sensing cable.

without writing an essay on flame rectification (look it up on goggle)

the pcb sends a very low current down the lead through the flame sensing electrode down the flame to earth.

the pcb will know this is taking place and will open the main gas valve.

there are only three things in the circuit.............
you said you had changed pcb and electrode, process of elimination must be lead to flame sensor. ;)

To answer your question, other than swaping leads I do not know how you could test them. I do know that the voltage in an average multimeter is too high even at 1.5 volts. so the lead has to be in tip top condition, hence the warning on my last post. disturb the lead or pull it off by grabbing the lead and its NLS.

David

What has happened or been done to the boiler since it last worked, presuming it has worked on LPG previously.

What has happened or been done to the boiler since it last worked, presuming it has worked on LPG previously.

nothing has been working perfect for around 6 years on lpg.

anyway Ive swapped the white lead onto pals boiler and no different and vice versa ,and for future reference his boiler runs fine with the flame sensing lead disconnected ..

many thanks for those that have contributed to this thread but enough is enough after a aweek with a twisty wife and 3 kids having cold showers/no heating and me spendinghours on phonecalls and hassle and Ive admitted defeat and gone and bought a new boiler this morning hopefully getting it fitted this afternoon and hope it is a relative straight swap, its a he version of what I have and baxi reckon the jets will swap over. :?:

if anyone else has had this problem I would be very intersted as would my heating engineer pal on wtf the fault is :!:

why didnt you just do what i did told the customer to get baxi out on a fixed payment think it was £300 pound they fix it no matter what and guarantee for a year

why didnt you just do what i did told the customer to get baxi out on a fixed payment think it was £300 pound they fix it no matter what and guarantee for a year

its done now, brand new HE fitted got it trade through a palso only £399 plus vat, old boiler going on ebay tonight, will do for spares for someone, after all all the components in it are 100% checked and working so shoud have a value to someone :!: :!: :eek:

obviously not all the "components in it are 100% checked and working" or the boiler would work!!!

obviously not all the "components in it are 100% checked and working" or the boiler would work!!!

yep you are right but all the usual suspects that go wrong have been checked so hopefully someone will have a use for it :D

should be an easy fix for a reistered Corgi Engineer as someone has allready suggested :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back