Baxi 105e Instant heating rads whilst CH is switched OFF?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is playing some sort of a game with me and i dont understand whats going on, or quite frankly hows its managing to do it.

But under normal circumsatnces the boiler does its job pretty well, heats the house when its timed to do so, and heats the water when the hot water tap is opened.

Now however, when the central heating is switched off on the timer, and i open a hot water tap for a couple of minutes the 2 radiators nearest to the boiler come back on. And they tend to stay on for a couple of hours after. Its usually just the 2 or 3 rads nearest to the boiler, the others dont heat up at all unless the central heating comes on. Its like having HALF central heating, when you dont want to.

So whats going on? I dont know much about boilers but from research im guessing something to do with the "Diverter Valve", maybe?

Will i need to get this valve replaced, or is there something else im doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the DV is stuck mid position. Are you finding your HW is not as hot as it used to be as well?

Rads are getting hot when nothing is being used due to the pre-heat working on the boiler.

Sounds like the DV is stuck mid position. Are you finding your HW is not as hot as it used to be as well?

Rads are getting hot when nothing is being used due to the pre-heat working on the boiler.

The hot water seems hot enough, but iv switched the pre-heat off, thinking this will help me solve the problem with the rads. But other than the fact that it now takes longer to get the hot water out of the tap, it hasnt done anything to stop the rads heating up.

Is there anything i can do to "unstick" the diverter valve?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back