Baxi 105e Instant problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning
I have not used this site for a while, and am after some help.
I have a Baxi combi instant 105e boiler that is giving me problems.
The problem I have is that the hot water in the bathroom and kitchen is very hot.
The hot water that comes from the shower is not that hot.
I have taken the shower valve( mira fino exposed) off of the wall, and connected a temporary pipe to run the water off.This still results in there not being that hotter water.
The boiler works fine on the CH side.
The hot seems to get a bit hotter when CH is off.
My first thought was that it could be a flowswitch or temperarture sensor problem.
Any thoughts and advice grately received.

Grajam247

ps for got to mention that the boiler had a new PCB 2 months ago,although this has been a problem that has been getting gradually worse.

Sponsored Links
The fact that your boiler produce hot water at some taps and not at others tell me that your problem is not with your boiler. Your boiler doesnt care where the hot water is going!.
What you will have is cold water entering your hot water system somewhere via a mixer tap or shower valve.

Mr Gas
The reason why I thought it was a flow related problem, was although there is hot water at the kitchen and bathroom taps,the taps are not opened fully.If I do open the taps fully then the water is not really that hot.
The pipe that feeds the shower tees off of the pipe that feeds the hot into the bathroom, so there is no way that coooler water can be entering the pipe.
Regards
Grajam247.

Sponsored Links
Replaced the plate heat exchanger today, and everything is great.
Many thanks
Grajam247

Hi Guys, it is me again.
Just come back from an extended break,only to find that the boiler is the same as it was before i changed the plate heat exchanger.
Is there anything else that could be causing this problem?
Regards
Grajam247

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back