baxi 105e - no heating and its getting cold !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have a baxi105e boiler and am having trouble with the heating.

- boiler pressure is fine
- all rads have been bled
- plumber has been out twice and replaced the pressure gauge which was leaking and today checked and adjusted the pressure on gas valve and he was confident that would sort it.

basically when heating is switched on the boiler fires up and neon lights all light as normal and no flashing warnign lights come on. the temp lights all go right upto 80 degrees, the rad symbol light comes on and the burner light comes on, burner light will stay on for about 10-15 seconds and then goes off again, then after 5-10 mins that light goes on again for around 10 secs and then goes off.

the bathroom rad heats uo and the inlet pipe to it is boiling hot, the temp at the top is much hotter than at the bottom and temp on the outlet pipe is lukewarm at most. no other rads in the house heat up at all and all remain stone cold.

plumber thinks it may be pcb but doesnt sound convinced by his own opinion and i really cant afford to throw money away if thats not the issue. also the plumber that works at my factory is saying its more likely to need a powerflush and i know thats also not cheap. any opinions or advice would be appreciated as i simply dont have the money to spend.

thanks

Sponsored Links
plumber thinks it may be pcb but doesnt sound convinced by his own opinion and i really cant afford to throw money away if thats not the issue. also the plumber that works at my factory is saying its more likely to need a powerflush and i know thats also not cheap. any opinions or advice would be appreciated as i simply dont have the money to spend.

thanks

Can't understand how he's thought of PCB so don't waste your money. However your claims of much skintness will not deliver you an easier solution. Indeed you could well spend more fishing around for half baked opinions than if you found someone who knows what they're doing.

Sponsored Links
Did the plumber check the return filter? It should be on the furthest right pipe under the boiler

GALLERY]

No 207 on the diagram

dont mean to be thick, but what does that mean ?

tibbot - dont get me wrong, im happy to pay what it costs to get the job done properly. i just mean i cant afford to fork out money having expensive parts of the boiler replaced if that isnt that actual issue.

beerlover - sorry no idea if he checked the return filter or not. if thats a likely problem i'll mention it to him tomorrow when he comes back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back