Baxi 105e no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I was wondering if anyone could help. I've got a baxi 105e and I'm getting no hot water when I run the tap.The water comes through the pin in the diverter comes out and makes on the micro switch the boiler lights but the temp shoots up and it shuts down, The heat does not travel down the heating sidearm there are no perforations in the diaphragm.
Any have any ideas please
Regards.
Edit .. Plate heat exchanger has recently been replaced.

Sponsored Links
How fast does the water flow from the hot tap, is it faster than 2litres/min? And was it the secondary heat exchanger that was replaced, the one that does the hot water?

Hi peter
thanks for replying.
It was the hot water heat exchanger that was changed, also the flow and yes i think the flow is above 2ltrs a minute.
regards

Sponsored Links
So have you got a manual for it, since I have been looking at mine which is a software of manuals for all boilers, and on page 39 the diagnosis fro hot water problems start and it is not easy to copy properly but it takes you thro the steps the boiler takes, and you then agree and go on or disagree and go right to something else. And to save me asking loads of questions you could do it yourself from the manual.
You could probably download one from there web site.

I called tech help and the guy suggested it was the 3 way valve he didn't sound overly convincing though. So I thought I'd see if anyone else had had a similar issue . Perhaps the diverter is stuck and just cycling the water through the bypass and back into itself hence the immediate over heating..

Maybe it needs taking out, and given an overhaul, new diaphragm and seals. If you can't do it get someone who can, looks like that is the next step.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back