Baxi 105e problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The last time I was on here was 2011 reference the above boiler, nothing relating to previous problem just want to know which area I need to be looking in.

Turned tap on this morning, nothing, sort of clicked, red lights flickered and first green light came on. No constant red warning lights at all no tap light, CH light nothing, as I said the only constant light was the first green light.

Would just like to be pointed in the right direction, I have someone coming round this evening to have a look just do not like being unprepared. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Guy came out (he was already round my daughters for a separate problem) said its the PCB just shy of £300 to supply and fit, but cant do it to next week. Thanks but no thanks. Wasnt too bad having a cold shower on the hottest day of the year, but not something I want to do on a regular basis.
Any tips on fitting the PCB, will source one locally.

Sponsored Links
So he was about right, just a bit short at the moment. Had board changed about 5 years ago guy charged me £160 for everything was expecting an increase but not that much.

At the actual price we pay for baxi boards 300 quid would work out at 185 quid for twenty minutes work Go to BG they will do a fixed price repair for 200 quid including the board

Which BG deal will do that?

I thought it was only if you take out a further year subscription to their boiler cover at about £18 a month,

Tony

It says £199 for 30-120 min.

If the engineer feels generous then he could do it easily within that time providing he is only looking at time on site and he is not spinning out the job.

But I don't know what the general policy applied by the average engineer is.

Tony

All jobs are timed or used to be and a simple boiler repair such as this was timed at 37 minutes so well within 2 hours even allowing for 2 visits if they dont have the part on the van .

Just an update was trying to get it done before we went on holiday, had the board delivered next day for £103. Took my son and myself about 30 mins to fit, everything working fine now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back