BAXI 105e wont stop heating radiators!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hopefully someone can help me!

i have a baxi 105e combi boiler.

the hot water works fine, but the central heating constantly heats the rads!

the thermostat "clicks" when it reaches the right temp, but the hot water keeps on pumping around the rads!

the thermostat battery went dead yesterday, and i replaced it and seemed to work fine, but when i got home from workm it was about 26 degrees in the flat, and still heating!

if i turn the power button to the hot water only position it stops heating the rads, and the hot water works perfectly for the taps.

as soon as i turn back to ch/hw the rads het up again!

any sugestions???

Sponsored Links
Microswitch or pin sticking on flow switch on top of the divertor valve

Isolate boiler electrically.

On the boiler, incoming mains terminal block,
remove one of the wires on terminals 1 or 2,
does the heating switch off?

well, i was going to try all of the above...

but then tody it stopped being on constantly, and now it heats up, when it reaches the right temp, the boiler keeps "clicking" like its about to heat up, the green rad light comes on, the pump starts , then the green light goes out, and it all stops. then a few seconds later does it all again!!

an ideas about this now???

Sponsored Links
I love boilers!

They are like women totally unpredictable!

One which has an intermittent fault which never fails where I am there is most typical.

I telephoned after two weeks yesterday to go round and replace the APS, even though it tests OK, but they told me that since I last went it had not failed even once in those two weeks. We agreed that I would not go back for the time being.

Today she emailed to say that after our conversation at 1800 yesterday it locked out THREE times during that evening. It must have heard her talking!

Tony

Isolate boiler electrically.

On the boiler, incoming mains terminal block,
remove one of the wires on terminals 1 or 2,
does the heating switch off?

right, i assume that the terminals 1 & 2 are the loop from the room thermostat??? removed these, and still the same problem. ( also replaced the thermostat as i hated the one i bought last year, and still same problems )

looking inside i notice the pin goes up, and turns the microswitch on as soon as i turn the mains on. when i turn the power off, the pin goes back in, and the microswitch turns off!!

what now ? lol

also, this happens regardless of what the timer on the boiler says, so even if it is ment to be off, it still heats the water!!

dont quite understand in wot is going on but it sounds as if the microswitch could be faulty and there fore creating a demand, therefore rads getting hot. disconnctct lead on microswitch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back