BAXI 105e wont stop heating radiators!

dont quite understand in wot is going on but it sounds as if the microswitch could be faulty and there fore creating a demand, therefore rads getting hot. disconnctct lead on microswitch.

Does the pin push the microswitch and thus starting the heating and pump? ( just trying to get my head around the basics of it, but that would make sence! ) if so, wouldnt disconecting the lead just mean the heating wont turn on?

if not, what else pushes the pin from the divider and activates the microswitch as soon as the power is turned on, and the dial set to rads and water?

( confused myself now :s )

Sponsored Links
when running water the pin will push the microswitch which then tells the boiler to fire. but wot can happen is that microswitch could be faulty where its making rather than breaking and therefore creating a demand. as because of this the diaghragm inside the diverter valve body is allowing the water to pump around the heating (rads). so by disconnecting the leads of the microswitch will now break the circuit, and therefore woundnt be able to create a demand. pretty confusing.

when running water the pin will push the microswitch which then tells the boiler to fire. but wot can happen is that microswitch could be faulty where its making rather than breaking and therefore creating a demand. as because of this the diaghragm inside the diverter valve body is allowing the water to pump around the heating (rads). so by disconnecting the leads of the microswitch will now break the circuit, and therefore woundnt be able to create a demand. pretty confusing.

the evening prior to it being on 24/7, the microswith was "clicking" a lot , for no reason ( ok, would need something to make it "click" ) but could be a faulty microswitch in that case!

ill pop to the shops and get a replacement microswitch tomorrow, least ill know 100% that it isnt that!!

by checking if microswitch, dissconect power to boiler, and do continuity test across microswitch terminals, if your getting continuity then u know its duffed.

Sponsored Links
by checking if microswitch, dissconect power to boiler, and do continuity test across microswitch terminals, if your getting continuity then u know its duffed.

ok, got my crappy multimeter out! no continutity, but i read the resistance across the switch, too much for the meter when it wasnt pressed, and not hardly any when the switch was depressed, unless im totally mistaken, meaning the switch it working ! pants, wanted it to be something simple :mad:

*UPDATE*
FFS, i aked my flat mate to disconect terminal one whilst i was at work, they said they did it. now i think they disconected something else totally!

i removed the wire from terminal one, and low and behold, it stops heating the water! reconect the wire and it starts again ( done this twice to make sure! )

so, i take it there is a short somewere in the wiring for the thermostat??????? ( or am i totally wrong again lol )

so thanks to the couple of people that said do that, im sorry my flat mate is a fool!!

It sounds as if he has eventually done what was asked ages ago and found the thermostat is faulty.

I am surprised that no one asked if it is an "instant" model.

Tony

It sounds as if he has eventually done what was asked ages ago and found the thermostat is faulty.

I am surprised that no one asked if it is an "instant" model.

Tony

sorry, relied on someone else to check it!
the room thermostat has been replaced today by me, and still same problem! hence all the posts today!
so now even more confused lol

Well you may be confused!

I would have checked the operation of the old stat.

If that was OK then I would check the wiring from stat to boiler!

When I check anything to identify a fault I use the appropriate test equipment and NOT just seeing if if does the job.

Tony

Well you may be confused!

I would have checked the operation of the old stat.

If that was OK then I would check the wiring from stat to boiler!

When I check anything to identify a fault I use the appropriate test equipment and NOT just seeing if if does the job.

Tony

point taken! i wanted a new thermostat anyway, as the old one only had one temp and i wanted differnt ones during the day.

guess i need to find out where the short in the wire is, just shocked that its that and not a boiler fault! oh well, least it will keep me busy!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back