BAXI 133HE PLUS NO CENTRAL HEATING HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI
JUST ANOTHER POST HOPING SOMEONE CAN HELP.
I HAVE A BAXI 133 HE PLUS ITS JUST OVER 2 YEARS OLD AND NO WARRANTY LEFT.
I HAVE HOT WATER AS NORMAL, BUT NO CENTRAL HEATING
OCCASSIONALY THE CENTRAL HEATING COMES ON WHEN IT FEELS LIKE IT BUT ONLY GETS LUKE WARM, WHEN IT DOES COME ON THERE SEEMS TO BE A LEAK OF WATER FROM THE BOILER.AND PRESSURE RISES TO OVER 3
GOING THROUGH THE USER MANUAL IT STATES ITS THE PCB, BUT I HAVE CHANGED THIS AND STILL THE SAME FAULT.
I HAVE TAKEN OF THE DIVERTER VALUE HEAD AND THE SPRING WORKS FINE IN IT. ALSO THE SPRING ON THE THREE WAY DIVERTER VALUE SEEMS STIFF IT TAKES A BIT OF PRESSURE TO PUSH THE SPRING IN.
NOW IM NOT SURE WHAT IT CAN BE AND WHY THERE IS A LEAK.
I HAD A FRIEND COME OUT ANDTHEY TOLD ME THAT THE PRESSUR IS RISING & POSSIBLY NEED A HEAT EXCHANGER.
CAN ANYBODY HELP.
NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH BACK THEN A TOP OF THE RANGE BOILER.

Sponsored Links
See the FAQ to sort out the pressure/leak problems.

andy1234 said:
NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH BACK THEN A TOP OF THE RANGE BOILER.
Dont know who told you that either :!:
And your friend is definatly wrong. Expansion vessel is flat and needs repressurising in the correct way. Leak is probably from PRV.
Then you can look at the intermittant heat problem.

Sponsored Links
hi whats prv ?
i take it that the leak could be from vessel, should i drain the water & top up with air ?
also the pressure could the gauge just be faulty or is it mixing somewhere ?

I always immagine these "friends" are like some of the TV series charactors who always "know everything".

The reality is that they dont and a careful read of the FAQ will usually solve the problem.

Any genuine heating expert will charge for his visits because thats his job. One of the first lessons I give to trainees is not to do jobs for friends as they always expect it to be free or the odd pint.

Tony

HI
I had heat team out today, and they could not resolcve the problem
they changed the
pcb,
diverter valve,
heat exchange
ignition
and they can not understand it, they are sending a senior engineer out on tuesday, lets see what happens.

now the leak has stopped and pressue not rising
when the boiler does work for the central heating, just the boiler gets reall warm and cuts out
guess i could do with a power blast to clean the pipes
anybody got any suggestions ?
baxipotter ?

It seems that they sent you out a parts changer with no diagnostic skills.

At least you have a better chance with the senior engineer. Perhaps!

Please let us know what they do to resolve the problem.

Tony

It looked that way, as he didnt check anything just decided to change any part he thought would make the boiler work.

ive noticed that the boiler fires up for the central heating when it feels like put then cuts out as the boiler gets to hot.

but i power washed the pipes 2 years ago and dont think i need to do them again

It may be stuck in hot water priority mode -
the dhw flow switch is closed circuit

I had posted this note on your original post, with no reply, has this been checked?

HI the guy from heat team changed the dhw flow switch
im totally lost as boiler is only 2 years old. and the guy who fitted it had it power flushed before fitting new boiler.
any other ideas at all ??

sorry first he by passed the switch then just decided to replace the dhw flow switch. when by passed the boiler fired up but then cut out and the boiler was hot but still no central heating

it was the swithch that connected to the dhw flow switch.
last night the heating came on for 3 hours as normal, cant get my head around it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back