Baxi (2) Solo 50PF

baxpoti said:
This is caused by the relay opening and shutting rapidly (chattering) due to a low voltage supply from the diverter, to solve the problem, you need a suppresor fitted across the boiler neutral and switched live.

Rubbish!

I suppose they are available (much like the new Suprima Board) at an inflated price by you money making ********'s

You lot apall me - charge a tenner in phone cals to inform me the PCB is fine, and low and behold....we know the rest.

Raden has the knowledge to challege you and you dismiss him.

David

Sponsored Links
Soggy_weetabix said:
Rubbish!

I suppose they are available (much like the new Suprima Board) at an inflated price by you money making ********'s

You lot apall me - charge a tenner in phone cals to inform me the PCB is fine, and low and behold....we know the rest.

Raden has the knowledge to challege you and you dismiss him.

David

What's rubbish?
Most electrical wholesalers (if you mean suppressors)
I've never charged anyone a tenner for phone calls
When have I dismissed Radens knowledge

What I have done is try to answer the original question

Have you read the Honeywell wiring guide?
Nice bit on diverters and low voltages caused by back feed!
Does Raden know of this?

and how do you explain the last post before mine?

"Does Raden know of this? "

Raden wrote the beginners guide to actuators in the uk.d-i-y FAQs

load of crap mind ...

Sponsored Links
Fitted a honeywell valve and now all O.K.
It was the old type ACL valve without the removable head.

Whiter said:
Fitted a honeywell valve and now all O.K.
It was the old type ACL valve without the removable head.

How do YOU explain that then soggy weetabix.

baxpoti...keep up the good work fella.

Very useful info for the DIY'ers who come here for help.

Hi, For those whohave suggested a solution Thanks.

I have measured the switched live voltage whilst the relay is chattering and it is about 180v, this is when the 3 way valve is moving over to the CH position.

I had previously changed the 3 way ACL drayton valve thinking this may have been the problem (after changing the PCB!), but did not resolve the issue.

Interested that changing the ACL drayton valve for a honeywell appeared to cure the problem elsewhere - Is the valve a straight swap & electrical wire connections & colours the same?

solopf said:
I had previously changed the 3 way ACL drayton valve thinking this may have been the problem (after changing the PCB!), but did not resolve the issue.

Do you mean you changed an ACL for an ACL ?

I change an ACL for another ACL (up dated model with removable head).

The question is - is a honeywell a straight swap in terms of dimensions to fit existing pipework & are elec connections & wire colours the same - Lastly will this cure the problem?

To the slaughter once more

baxpoti said:
This is caused by the relay opening and shutting rapidly (chattering) due to a low voltage supply from the diverter, to solve the problem, you need a suppresor fitted across the boiler neutral and switched live.

These parts should be available from HRPC/or similar

TV suppressor 232111POT
Wiring Assembly - TV Suppressor 402A029
TV Suppressor Assembly 308A205

They should only cost a few quid tops
By far the cheaper option

Thanks - I'll get one and try it - At least its a positive step forward!

Thanks - I'll get one and try it - At least its a positive step forward!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back