BAXI 250 PF - no pilot!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone - first time poster, hope someone can advise!

I have a Baxi 250 PF boiler, about a year ago the PCB went so we had a new one fitted. The last few days we noticed that there is little or no hot water, and sure enough when the boiler is switched on the light comes on to indicate the boiler is working, but the pilot is out.

Can anyone give me an idea on why this might be the case. We are dreading it is going to be stupid money to get it repaired, and wondered if it could be something simple. Obviously I won't be attempting any crazy repairs, as I am aware I could kill myself and my family, but, y'know - thought I would ask.

Cheers peeps

Sean

Sponsored Links
I take it you mean it is a SOLO 2 50PF?

There are 3 or 4 lights in a row on this boiler. First one is just a call for heat from controls.

Can you hear the fan spinning that is the next stage in the fire up, you should then get 2nd light on when this has been proved, you will then hear 'ticking' as ignition trys to light pilot, then gas valve opens when piolt proved and final light is lit.

It sounds as if your fan has had it. Quite a common problem on these.

if the warm water u have is what left before break down agree could be fan,but if boiler sometimes fires it could be the soleniod coil inthe gas valve this cools and operates then warms and fails, not a job for u but not expensive coilsl are changeable call a corgi installer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back