Baxi Solo 250 PF - Clicking when trying to ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a gas powered Baxi Solo 250 PF boiler which is around about 7 years old...

It has recently started to make a clicking noise when the boiler is trying to ignite (when heat is called for).... It doesn't happen every time, sometimes it fires up straight away with no noises.....

If its of any help I have recorded the noise it makes and I can email a 510kb .wmv file of it if necessary...

Many thanks for any suggestions you can make.

Steve

Sponsored Links
Stealth said:
I have a gas powered Baxi Solo 250 PF boiler which is around about 7 years old...

It has recently started to make a clicking noise when the boiler is trying to ignite (when heat is called for).... It doesn't happen every time, sometimes it fires up straight away with no noises.....

If its of any help I have recorded the noise it makes and I can email a 510kb .wmv file of it if necessary...

Many thanks for any suggestions you can make.

Steve

could be the solenoid on its way out

[/quote]could be the solenoid on its way out[/quote]

Thanks for your quick response...

Is it a easy job to change it?... Where the best place to get one?

Steve

Sponsored Links
the most common problem which is associated with this noise would be the pilot injector you can get a kit to do this but i would strongly recomend a corgi engineer to do this as it isnt particularly easy the first time you do it :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back