Baxi 50 HE Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any thoughts on how can I check with a multi meter if the fan is faulty on this boiler?

Sponsored Links
Are you Gas Safe registered? As to test the resistor of fan you require to take the cover of the boiler off.
I assume this is a gas fired boiler?

No, but this is the story:
PCB fuse went, replaced fuse. Fuse went again. So disconnected all components and replaced one at a tine to see if one was shorting. No Joy. Went to a forum - guys said not meddle and get in a fitter. OK point taken. Fitter came, took off the panel, and all the components and did what I did. Then said it was the PCB and an exchange board would be £300 inc labour. Not impressed. Called another guy, he said he did not want to follow on somebodies elses cockup and I should get BG in! Right now I am sitting on my hands before I make any other calls but looking at various forums, thought that I could at least test the fan with my multi.
I also looked for boards and found one from the same boiler but it has "platinum" on the assay label and the serial is different. Is there much crossover between variants - this £50 plus 6 months guarantee so good price, but not if its the wrong model.
So, thats how it is.

Sponsored Links
Update:
Was put in contact with a Polish plumber, seems he has also has some electronics qual. Took the board away replaced a few components for which he charged £25 and and then refitted the board plus a service, all in all about £75 for labour plus a sandwich, 2 mugs of tea and a good chat about life. Very pleasant guy; he did say best to leave to him in the future - (vs fiddle with it it myself I assume:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back