BAXI 80 ECO DIAPRAGM REPLACED BUT NO PRESSURE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have just replaced the diaphragm in the hot water diverter valve.
Before I did anything I turned the water off (and electric), ran all hot taps and drained the water from the boiler using the 'boiler drain point' (the white plastc drain point)

After replacing the diaphragm I simply turned the water back on, everything seems to be working ok, but the pressure gauge is reading 0 whereas before it was on 1 bar.. do I need to bleed anything??
I have also opened the filling loop for 3/4 seconds but no effect on gauge..

Sponsored Links
There was no need to drain boiler but never mind, check there is not 2 valves on filling loop. but your in right direction boiler needs refilling to 1 bar through the filling loop

The filling loop is working ok. Do I need to let more water in? As the pressure gauge isn't moving after opening the loop screw for 4 seconds.
(I did drain a couple of litres before fitting the diphragm)

Do I need to open the automatic air vent screw?

YEah auto airvent screw should be undone about half a turn . pressure should start to show after 6/7 seconds of opening loop and air will come out auto vent.

In future just turn the cold off under boiler to change diaphragm

Sponsored Links
You've solved it for me Namsag, Thanks all working perfectly now!

My own stupid fault I read a post on here after searching diaphragm replacement, a poster mentioned opening the boiler drain screw!

Only 1 post out of all the 50 or so on here regarding replacing a diaphragm!
Just my luck.
Anyway thanks again, I was starting to get a head ache.
Have a fab Xmas and new year. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back