baxi 80 eco problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi hope you can help,i have got hot water but no heating,boiler fires up ok but cuts out after about 10 seconds but pump keeps running, have had a new pressure differential fitted as the old one was leaking and the plumber who fitted it could not anything wrong with boiler ,but does seem noisey now,pressure is ok at 1.5 but have got drip from overflow :?: thanks

Sponsored Links
Is the central heating thermistor ok? And the leaking overflow, do you mean the PRV?

Boilers dont have an overflow!

Even a cistern has a "warning pipe" now!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Might be wrong but you may have had a bad guy work on your boiler!
My hunch is he
  • - changed the diaphragm hoping it would work,
    - charged you for a whole pressure differential assembly it didn't need,
    - failed to notice that the hot water flow switch is stuck on which would give you exactly the fault you describe, and while he was at it,
    - drained the boiler for no reason whatever except ignorance,
    - through the pressure relief valve which he shouldn't have done!

Now you need someone who knows what he's doing, to change the flow switch and the pr rel valve!

Might be wrong but you may have had a bad guy work on your boiler!
My hunch is he
  • - changed the diaphragm hoping it would work,
    - charged you for a whole pressure differential assembly it didn't need,
    - failed to notice that the hot water flow switch is stuck on which would give you exactly the fault you describe, and while he was at it,
    - drained the boiler for no reason whatever except ignorance,
    - through the pressure relief valve which he shouldn't have done!

Now you need someone who knows what he's doing, to change the flow switch and the pr rel valve!
hi thanks for your reply to my prob, would the hot water flow switch be a little red button with 2 wires on it on a copper pipe :?: as this wont move at all when pressed. once again thanks for all the help :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back