baxi 80 he plus boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help i have had the above boiler for about 3 years and last week it stoped with the reset light on as it had low pressure so i topped it up and reset it, all went well till yesterday when it stoped again , but the presure is 1.3 bar still? and as i watched it the reset light the red one turned off and the boiler stared again, after about 3 minuetes it did it again and a few times after that the same again then stopped with the red light on and the bottom green light flashing? which on the boiler pannel means live and neutral reversed ????? any one any ideas whats going on

Sponsored Links
Pressurise it to about 1.5 bar and see if that improves the situation.

It rather sounds as if the system is dirty.

Tony

Do you have three or four lights and what are they doing/have they done?

there is 4 lights, top one comes on when the system is working ok for the hot water next to the hot water temperature control knob,
second is the reset light which is red and is on now which is not flashing,
the third is the flame light which comes on when it is working and the last on is next to the hot water control and that is green but flashing

Sponsored Links
acording to the fault menu this means live and nutral reveresed but how can that be if its been working all these years???

As Roxey says..Can you check all your lights when on lockout and report back, Reading the lights bottom to top.

as roxey says?? i am the person with thee fault lol and i have just reported the lights that show 2 posts above but i said them top to bottom, it was me who was asking how can that be if my boiler has been working all these years so it does not make sense for the live and neutral to be reversed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back