Baxi 80e DHW problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, merry Christmas

We have a Baxi 80e combi boiler but have had no hot water for the last few days. The central heating is working fine and occasionally the DHW will work if the CH is on at the same time - but most times the DHW just doesn't get heated at all, regardless of whether the CH is on or off.

Sometimes the DHW will kick in if I mess about with the Reset/CH&DHW/OFF/DHW knob on the front of the boiler while a hot tap is running, but even if I get it working like this it fails to work again the next time I turn on a hot tap.

I read in another thread on here that there's also a reset switch inside the boiler but I can't seem to locate it. (I could take a photo if it helps)

All the LEDs on the front panel behave normally and no errors are reported. The LED for DHW illuminates correctly on the rare occasion the boiler sees fit to heat some water for us.

Any help diagnosing the fault would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
fitz1 said:
diaphram in diverter needs replacing.
Is that definitely the problem? You terse answer doesn't fill me with confidence, to be honest.

I guess this is rather a quiet forum, judging by the lack of responses to this and a lot of the other threads. :shrug:

Anyway, thanks for the reply fitz1, I suppose it was better than nothing.

Quiet forum, you joking? There were 60+ topics, probably a couple of hundred replies yesterday alone.

If you do a search on "diaphragm" you'll find a zillion posts about exactly the same problem.

Sponsored Links
Jake. said:
fitz1 said:
diaphram in diverter needs replacing.
Is that definitely the problem? You terse answer doesn't fill me with confidence, to be honest.

I guess this is rather a quiet forum, judging by the lack of responses to this and a lot of the other threads. :shrug:

Anyway, thanks for the reply fitz1, I suppose it was better than nothing.

Arogant prat

if you want you can change the diverter valve , pcb , gas valve , aps , thermisters, thermostats , fan etc etc .what do you want to hear.

Any help would be much appreciated...... Well fitz tells you what it requires and with symptons you describe he is spot on which is why no one else answers. An you come back with smart a#s answer.. Well go with your instinct and ignore the cheap repair . Hope you get ripped off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back