Baxi 80e pump light flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a bit advice.
I have a baci 80e boiler and have had a few problems lately.
I have had a plumber out a couple of times.
Once when it wasnt firing up, pcb changed.
Then it was losing pressure, recharged expansion vessel.
Now when calling for hot water the pump light flashes. Water not getting hot.
Pin is coming out of diverter valve and making with switch switch clicks. Light switches from heating to water then the pump light flashes. Does same if heating is off.
There is evidence of water leaking through the pin.
Heating side is fine !
Any advice on what the fault could be please !!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Is this the pin on the top of the diverter valve ? the one at the front facing you comes out when calling for water and the one at the top comes up for heating

Yes top at the rear does it come up ? And also does it I back down when pump stops ?

It comes up and down for the heating on and off doesnt move for water but the one facing you comes out for water

finding it hard to follow your op ,
It comes up and down for the heating on and off doesnt move for water but the one facing you comes out for water
so your saying the ch pin works and the hw pin stays out and not retracting ? instead of saying water , say hw or ch ( hot water or central heating ). if pin is staying out with pump light fault showing . its probably shyte on the pin ,strip and clean it and change the o ring or seal around the pin to stop the leaking . may need a diaphragm ( depending )

edit ; if the pin is coming out and not switching it could be the microswitch being open circuit - new micro switch needed

Last edited:
Both pins are moving in and out !
I assume the pin on top at rear is the ch pin, this comes out and the heating comes on and goes in and it goes off all fine. i also assume the pin facing me is the hw pin, this comes out, the switch clicks and the light on the front panel switches to the water symbol (tap) but then the pump fault light comes on

are you getting tap light ( demand light ) coming on with hot tap on & pump running
edit ,tap on fascia

Last edited:
Have you tried resetting ? Does temp lights go out or straight to pump light flashing ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back