baxi back boiler flashing red led

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a brand new boiler which seems fine until the next time it ignites, ie in the morning when all i get is a flashing red led light. In the manual it says boiler problem, but nothing else. Im wondering if the boiler should drop back into standby with an amber led? i've tried reducing the hi/lo setting with no real results. i'm wondering if the boiler is wired up wrong

Sponsored Links
flashing led according to the mans instructions is overheat :)
open vented or fully pumped (which it should be if its just been fitted )
but in the real world :)

kevplumb said:
flashing led according to the mans instructions is overheat :)
open vented or fully pumped (which it should be if its just been fitted )
but in the real world :)

cheers for that, how do you no if its vented? the boiler works fine when room stat calling for heat on any setting, hi or low which i've ended up on about a quarter turn . The problem is once the room stat stops calling for heat, instead of switching to standby i get the red flashing led and have to reset the boiler! I thought i could have the boiler setting in any position and when it gets up to temp it should go back into standby?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back