Halstead Finest Gold - Flashing Red LED - No Ignition

cdc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
From a power off/power on, boiler goes through flow and air checks fine and ends the sequence with a solid Green LED on everytime no problem.
With a demand for heat from either CH or DHW, sequence ends in a flashing RED LED ignition check - It never gets to a point where ignition elctrode sparks and boiler firing up. If I stop the heat demand , with CH and/or DHW off, after a while flashing led goes out and we go back to a solid Green light. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
There is a common problem that occurs time and again with these boilers but to be able to check for the fault it will require an RGI to deal with it as it involves opening the combustion chamber.

I'm sure there are others that have seen this post and chose not to comment because of this.

I would be surprised if you had an engineer there for more than half an hour though!

Hi jonjb,many thanks thanks for the reply. So what's the common problem that nobody wants to comment on? I've a whole range of RGI folk already quoting a whole range of diagnosis of which nothing appears common.

Hi jonjb.......either way:
What are the consequences of this common check proving positve?
What are the consequences of this common check proving negative?
New Electrodes? New combustion chamber? New APS? New Fan? New PCB? New Pump? New Boiler?

Sponsored Links
Checked out the APS hoses annd cabling, all OK on pins , all OK on pins 20, 21, and 22. APS not dropping out it with fan running. No ignition sparking and no 240v ac appearing on Gas Valve. - Any thoughts on possible PCB duff?

Hi jonjb, just seen your post. - OK - before I get the venturi checked out for possible poor flow / restrictions - a question: Would a venturi problem em show up as the APS dropping out? -

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back