Ideal C28 mini not lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I was wondering if someone could give me some direction with my boiler issue please

For a couple of months there has been occasions when there has been a demand for hot water and the boiler has not lit, it goes through the motions of trying to light but doesn’t spark. Whenever the heating is demanded it has lit ok. This weekend however it has failed to light for hot water and heating

When setting the switches into diagnostic mode and demand heating the pump runs but there is no ignition visible. The led’s show the two outer green ones flashing with a solid middle red one. The manual indicates lack of burner ignition (no ignition signal from the full sequence ignition device)

The ignition circuit board has been replaced with a supposedly brand new one, with no change in the fault. Can anyone steer me in a direction to get this resolved please?

Sponsored Links
Yes, get a gas safe registered engineer familiar with Ideal or get Ideal on a fixed price repair. We can’t give gas related advice out in a public forum. If you’re gas safe registered please join the combustion chamber side of the forum where you’ll get the help needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back