Baxi Bahama 100 cuts out after 20 seconds

Steve3502 said:
Does anyone know if you can just swap the relay on this model or do you need to replace the whole board? Cheers

not sure but would depend if its a honeywell or SIT version as the boards are very different...

90 percent of these ive been to is the flow switches but recently changed a pcb on one which continually required reset for no reason...

personally Id go with gaz on this one also first.....

Sponsored Links
When you look at the relay you can see it sparking when it cuts out and the box is slightly black, is this normal? Would the Flow switch cause the relay to spark in this way if it was faulty. Thanks for your advice in advance

Presume the mains polarity has been checked and proved correct.

Sponsored Links
gazthepottertonengineer said:
Flow switch Flow switch its always the Flow switch ;)

Please listen to me and just change the flow switch its the one behind the diverter valve to the left of the boiler they only cost a few quid :rolleyes:

and its normal to get a slight spark from a relay as it switches on and off :confused:

You were all right, changed the flow switch and I now have heating!!!

And much cheaper than the PCB!!!

Thanks all for your advice

I wonder why it is that we give good advice and people often dont seem to want to listen?

Tony

This is the first time I have used this sight and I will certainly use again, I appreciate all your advise. Many thanks

Having a Bahama you probably will have to use again soon!

Rang joe 90, and he definitely said the problem would be the flow switch.Why is he always right?Must be the N.H.S. specs.

I have one of these and today yet another flow valve has been fitted.For the past six years I have had a series of visits in December and January.I have had at least three circuit boards replaced, a new heat exchanger several other mysterious parts and flow valves by the dozen. The prmary weakness is the flow valve which jams if there is any sediment in the system. I have had mine chemically and power flushed and they still manage to clog up. The best thing I did was buy insurance. Last winter there were over ten callouts.
Oh by the way the new flow valve was fitted at 4.00p.m. today and when I went to wash up, guess what, no hot water. There will be another visit soon. I have however,decided that this cannot go on so will be looking into the cost of replacement. If I can get something with a 5 year guarantee then that will save insurance premiums which should coner about half the cost of replacement.
If you are handy and brave it is possible to remove the flow valve and clean it, though the latter action will be time consuming.
:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back