Baxi Bahama 100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody shed light on this problem please. I've got a Baxi Bahama 100 which is about 5 yrs old. Moved here 4 yrs ago and soon got to know about the dreaded flow switches! Anyway the problem I have does not seem to be the switches but could it be the ECS board?
The heating fires up ok and will run all day. Turn on the DHW and it will fill a bath etc perfectly. The problems when the DHW is turned off. The gas goes out as normal along with the diverter valve going back to CH position. Then when it should flare up again for the heating nothing happens.
Turning on the DHW opens the diverter valve but the burner neon does not light. The pump starts but stops after a few seconds.
I've found out that, leaving the boiler alone, it will put itself right after about half an hour. (Until the DHW is used again!)
Following the fault finding flow chart in the Baxi installation & servicing instructions says I should change the ECS board. But if the board is faulty why does the boiler work again after the half hour or so?
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
You say that the diverter returns to the DHW position after DHW.

That implies that the DHW demand has ceased.

Can I suggest you use DHW and then disconnect the DHW flow switch connector and see if that makes any difference.

If not then I would ( for once ) agree with your charts and think the control pcb is faulty. This has several time delays built in which control the time between different functions. It seems one of these is out of tolerance.

Also check the resistance cold of both temperature sensors, could be either is wrong.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back