Baxi Bahama not firing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Any ideas why my Baxi Bahama might not be firing up ? BG seem stumped and have resorted to randomly replacing parts

The water pressure had dropped off the scale - I have repressurised but is there any knock on problem this may have caused ?

Many thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
Flow switches on these are prone to failure.System pressure loss can be many things from system leak to boiler component failure.Expansion vessel needs checking for pre charge and for blockage in its connection pipe.
Not a favourite boiler of many.Many other reasons why boiler is failing to start many of which are within the combustion chamber,and advice is not possible without being in front of boiler.

Thanks 45yearsagasman

would the pre-charge on the expansion vessel be effected by the loss of pressure in the system ?

i.e. need re-charging ?

BG are replacing the PCB on Monday - but they did this a few years ago - and it turned out to be the expansion vessel needed replacing

(I know its not a great boiler but am a bit stuck with it)

Sponsored Links
To check pressure in expansion vessel drain down boiler and use a pencil tyre pressure gauge to see what pressure you have, ideally 0.75 bar - 1.0 bar as long as the boiler was sized correctly when fitted, if no pressure you can use a car pump ( manual not electric ) to re-pressurize, BG should already have checked this though, In future if you get a pressure drop on the water side before just filling the system up you should always check the expansion vessel pressure first

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back