Baxi Barcelona Mains LED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ref. Baxi Barcelona system boiler. About 6 years old.

Timer/roomstat called for heat at 0615 this am. I was awake and heard the boiler start up. However, it switched itself off after a few (5?) seconds.

Hauled myself out of bed and went to investigate.

Mains LED was solid green and it sounded like a fan was running. The other two LED's were out. Pressure gauge fine at just over 1 bar. Timer/roomstat still both calling for heat.

As I pondered my fate the boiler re-booted, the yellow "boiler on" LED came on and everything was fine. Boiler fired and ran until roomstat clicked off. Boiler switched itself off properly; mains LED out.

I'd like to know if trouble is brewing. It seemed as though a sensor shut down the boiler for a few minutes before letting it (successfully) try again...

Sponsored Links
standard ignition procedure. If first attempt at ignition fails, boiler pauses before making further attempts (up to 3 or so I think). The fact that ignition appears to have failed once may indicate a developing problem. Perhaps it's time to get it serviced? In the unlikely event of getting a competent person to carry out the service, any underlying problem might be identified.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back