baxi basket fire

Sponsored Links
Can you show me any convecting gas fire where the flue rises 600mm from the draught diverter without deviation :?:

You have a point!
I still don't think it applies. They always quote the 600 from the DD. I'm about to chase corgi for my card, but we all know what they'd say - "manufacturers instructions"

Sponsored Links
gather hood is 300mm, and it states that you can get one with a 45 degree outlet, but these fires are placed up the wall, so many people will have problems with the lintel in the way, as the original fire was fitted to the left of the fire place, I have MDF boarded up the fire place and would want in bang in the center, as anywhere else would look silly, so many people must have these problems.

Darren

Careful with where the flammable materials (like MDF, unless it's fire resistant) are. There is stuff on that in the gas books.

Minimum distances apply to flammable materials Top, bottom and sides.

Also to shelves dependant on shelf depth.

Get a CORGI wuff, wuff :LOL:

this house is having major building work, with due respect I have knocked all the front of the fireplace out, this will be just a flat plasterboard fireplace, with just the chimney in the back, Im not living in it, and staying at my mum and dads at the moment.

I may need to move the whole lintel gggggrrrrr this is bad and I cant be alone.

Darren

Not very diff, you won't need acrows and needles! I know cos I aske a bloke who does it all the time. Lintel is usually just one course tall - reuse it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back