BAXI BERMUDA (57E/4E & 45/4E) pls. help???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
guide pls. :?:

I moved to a new house last september 2005. and this winter I began to have problems with my central heating, I called the engineer and he checked my central heating he said that weneed to replace the 3 way motorised valve(actuator) , and the next day he changed the valve it worked but still with the same lukewarm heat despite being on full temperature plus the thermostat and the rest of the system already on its maximum, he then checked the line(radiator pipes) and he said one of my radiators' not working and that it needs to be drained as it is likely that it is clogged with rust as water in our area is very hard and dirty,he advised me to use certain chemicals and a cleaning system and told me to drain the system, I did that, but I also decided to change all radiators to new as when I was bleeding them and cleaning the system black water and some were brown, came out, it started to work for a while but now it has come back to its old habits again, the boiler is turning on and off and then stop totally, some radiators are hot some are not, and the water also plays up, any wonderful advice.
Notes:
1.Is the pump the real problem (the actuator) :?: :oops:
2.Why is it that the hot water is not working anymore, and the heating timer, despite being on, no heating or hot water coming on :idea: :mad:

pls. help
BAXI BERMUDA (57E/4E & 45/4E)
baxi_bermuda1.jpg

Sponsored Links
1.Is the pump the real problem (the actuator)
eh?

Actuator's the blue bit, pump the pink. Could be the pump -was it changed?
Or it could be a boiler fault of course.
Does water come out of all the radiators if you bleed them?
Any loud noises?

From the lower photo, it looks as if the heating flow pipe is only 15mm. That, combined with sludge, could account for poor circulation.

chrishutt said:
From the lower photo, it looks as if the heating flow pipe is only 15mm. That, combined with sludge, could account for poor circulation.

Pipe flow 22mm going to pump and actuator valve, near of Hot water cylinders have Pegler Gate Valve 22mm but it's off.
but all pipe around the cylinder tank are warm and the cylinder tank top are hot, bottom are warm (1/2 hot 1/2 warm Cylinder tank)
Note: the pump new and the actuator valve also new.
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

can you give me the idea :?: :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
1.Is the pump the real problem (the actuator)
eh?

Actuator's the blue bit, pump the pink. Could be the pump -was it changed?
Or it could be a boiler fault of course.
Any loud noises?

Chris,

BOILER: I check the baxi bermuda, back boiler It's On 32 seconds and Off and On and OFF ( radiator bleeding no noise)

If so it sounds like a dead boiler thermostat.

ChrisR said:
If so it sounds like a dead boiler thermostat.

yes radiator water come out but warm, also the back boiler pipe warm, where can I find the boiler thermostat, I'm sorry I have no idea about central heating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back