Baxi Bermuda/Honeywell heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a new house that has a baxi Bermuda back boiler and Honeywell st699 control panel. When we first moved in a few days ago the heating worked fine,however now it's not doing anything. I have lit the pilot and it is staying on, but the boiler isn't firing. The thermostat is turned up, but there is no lcd display on the control panel. I have checked and there isn't any tripped fuses in the fuse box. I'm guessing this something to do with it?

Sponsored Links
you probably have a fused connection unit somewhere supplying the boiler and controller.

ae235

Agreed. Same system here (Bermuda and ST699) - check in your airing cupboard - that's where mine was. 3 amp fuse - if it goes, you lose boiler control and your display will act like that.

You also have a flat backup battery in the ST699.. :) I had to open mine up and replace it (few quid), and now even when the power fails it doesn't lose the program. Believe me, it'll make you swear after a few times having to reset the clocks..heh.

If the new fuse blows, get a decent engineer in..they're fairly simple systems. I got a total eejit in, who'd done decent work at a previous house...first he blamed the pump, then the 3 way valve, then the wiring centre, then the gas valve. I dismissed him, as he even had to borrow a multimeter off me as his was flat.

Despite his repeated exclaimations of "oh sh*t, OH SH*t etc", it was a shorted out thermostat that was my issue, which I replaced and no issues since.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back