Baxi boiler 105e, pipes @ boiler hot but not @ taps :/

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Just moved in my old new house and had hot water problems for 6weeks, I have had diverter valve, heat exchange and larger external pipes to let more gas into the boiler all fitted and no further. My mate (experienced plumber) reassures me boiler is sound and not to buy(I wish I had the money) hot water pipe at boiler is hot but not at any of the taps or shower or bath. The initial problem was just the thermostat valve on the shower, everywhere else OK but now luke warm at taps not warm enough for the kids but pipes hot at the boiler . Any help to get this working would appreciated so much.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If the hot water supply pipe is hot just underneath the boiler but not at a tap, then cold water is mixing with it somewhere. Your experienced plumber should be able to track down where that's happening, by isolating showers, mixer taps etc until the culprit is found.
I have to assume that the boiler is perfectly ok from what you've said.

Something is passing cold water into the hot supply, usual suspects are the nrv,s on showers or mixer taps, try isolating one thing at a time and see if the problem stops.

If the hot water supply pipe is hot just underneath the boiler but not at a tap, then cold water is mixing with it somewhere. Your experienced plumber should be able to track down where that's happening, by isolating showers, mixer taps etc until the culprit is found.
I have to assume that the boiler is perfectly ok from what you've said.
It seems my plumber hasn't exhausted this option, the thermostatic valve in the is the problem, I'll cut the supply of the shower in hope this will stop throwing cold back into the system. My next problem is finding a thermostatic valve for the shower. I don't know make or model, not on the shower itself. I have already brought one and not cheap

Sponsored Links
Something is passing cold water into the hot supply, usual suspects are the nrv,s on showers or mixer taps, try isolating one thing at a time and see if the problem stops.
That makes sense as have thermostat problem with the shower, thanks. I have brought a replacement and doesn't fit. No make or model anywhere, how can you find a replacement?

If you can post a pic of the shower there are some knowledgeable guys on here who would assist to identify your part. I think there's a company called Showerdoc on line who will supply almost any part.

If you can post a pic of the shower there are some knowledgeable guys on here who would assist to identify your part. I think there's a company called Showerdoc on line who will supply almost any part.

Thanks for the heads up again, this site is awesome. This is the thermostat link //www.diynot.com/network/D9n6s7u3/albums/
Would I need to post it their website or page

I'm no shower expert. Contact them in the 1st instance and ask their advice.
Better still, go to their site and under cartridges try to ID your part from their pictures.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back