Baxi Boiler CH ok But only warm water not hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,hope you can help me. 2 problems

1)We have a BAXi boiler. The CH seems fine, however no matter how hot the house is the thermostat in the living room clicks between 10 - 15 never any higher. The thermostat is always left on 30.

Does this sound buggered and if so is it an easy thing to replace? i.e can i pop down to B&Q and buy a new thermostst and just fit it?

2)We have really hot water downstairs in the kitchen most times, but in the evening the hot water cools down. The bathrrom only seems to have warm water, i.e. you couldnt get a bath as its not hot enough.

The problem with the water seems very random, as it can be boiling hot sometimes and then just warm others.

Can anyone advise? Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i wouldnt have thought you would have any tanks in the loft with a combi :confused:

hot water temperature does fluctuate depending on temperature of incoming mains water but if its that bad you probably have dirt in you plate heat exchanger :confused:

and yes just go to b+Q and stick a new one on if its not clicking at correct temperature :confused: stick a thermometer next to it to test ;)

Sponsored Links
Excellent thanks for your help mate.

So are all Thermostats the same then, if i just get one that looks the same and wire it up.

Obviuosly turning the boiler of etc.

Hi hemlico.
Have you sorted it yet?
I have just had similar (but worse) problems with a Baxi 105e.
It seemed to be air lock.
Clean out the heat exchanger, as gazthepottertonengineer suggests.
Also, clean the filter gauze in the inlet / return manifold.
Also, and I think this was a major problem, make sure your automatic air vent is not blocked.
Mine was badly clogged.
All appears to be fine (at the mo), and I was thinking of changing the boiler!!!!!
I didn't realise blockages and air locks could cause such grief.
Good luck.

Thanks Spooked.

Is there any instructions anywhere on how to do the things you have mentioned?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back