baxi boiler help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when heating is on or when hot taps is on the boiler makes a whurring sound, pressure gauge has been fluctuating all day could this be the pump inside or is there adjustments i can make/ or test.any help much appreciated thanks.....

Sponsored Links
when heating is on or when hot taps is on the boiler makes a whurring sound, pressure gauge has been fluctuating all day could this be the pump inside or is there adjustments i can make/ or test.any help much appreciated thanks.....

If it`s loud sounds like the fan,if there`s hardly any water in your system in may be the pump, what`s your gauge at?

Is it a combi? You need to provide more info.

gauge at past 2 put when heating on it got past the 3 well in the red of coarse but after finding out the valve bit was left open (the one you use to top up with) i closed this and the pressure dropped right down to the other way then i brought it back in the green useing this valve it settled up untill the heating got hot then it started making THE noise and yes its a combi

Sponsored Links
Yes could be the pump, but you need to check your expansion vessel is pressurised correctly first. See FAQs on how to do this.

thanks for your help everybody ive got to the point where my knowledge and courage runs out, its time to call the plumber out rather than do further damage ....jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back