baxi boiler help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hope one of you guys can help us.We have just gone to give our baby a bath and found there is no hot water or heating.Ive looked in the boiler cupboard and the overheat light is on,on our boiler which is a baxi solo 2 40pf ive tried switching off for a while but when i turned back on the same light plus the boiler on light are on,the pilot,fan and burner on lights are off.obviously we will have to get a corgi guy out but we could do with some prior knowledge of what the problem is likely to be so we can avoid being stung. cheers Ian

Sponsored Links
sorry if you have already tried this but the temperature control knob on the boiler is the reset so you have to turn it off untill you feel it click and then wait a few seconds and turn it back on :confused:

PCB fault as with most of poorly designed now baxi potterton boilers.

You will be hard pushed for them to admit it though

I change on average 2 of their boards a week (and the solo is the most reliable)

If I had Agiles knoewledge I might be able to explain why.

David

Sponsored Links
Sorry David cant see where you got PCB from mate if the o/heat lights on
more likely to be pump seized or do you blame everything on pcb no wonder you change 2 a week probably half of them dont need it :rolleyes:

and as you said yourself solo pcb is one of the most reliable on the market :confused:

Yes I have started fiting potty stuff since my mate met me at a buderus event and told me of the 50 he fitted this year he had two problems, two screws missing and seized pump which was his fault. But the heatteam guys were swift to respond and not condesending towards him.

Of course if people will pay I still sell them the buderus because I believe it is the best thought out design available.

I've only fitted about 10 potty's this year but haven't been back to a single one.

gazthepottertonengineer said:
eeza said:
Thanks Gaz your a star!!

by that i take it ,it works and wasnt the pcb :)

Hi,ive got a baxi solo 240 pf,and when the heatings switched on and the pumps working everythings fine but when the house reaches temperature,the boiler on lights flickering and the darn things buzzing like mad ,if you can offer any advice i would be truly greatfull.p.s could you email me at [email protected] as my wifes frightend to death its going to go bang! ;)

hope you dont mind me asking.

kind regards

Richie

Its not gona go bang cos its probably a relay on the board i think. Agile would tel u best im more into plumbing.Did hav a customer whith same fault on a Solo 70 pf but by the time i went back it had stopped.(3 days)

bigears, it could be overheating. I've had a 240 overheating and the lights were flickering on it. Didn't have a buzzing noise but the usual banging noise of air in h/e gave it away.

ACOperson said:
bigears, it could be overheating. I've had a 240 overheating and the lights were flickering on it. Didn't have a buzzing noise but the usual banging noise of air in h/e gave it away.
A 240 its a solo2 40 pf only buzzing when satisfied. NO bangin in house.

Hi thanks for youre help chaps,im still no further at the moment though,was watching a pcb on ebay and thought should i just buy it and try,as i know its a costly job for the repair (well normally is as i normaly get stung!) i wish id been a plumber now instead of going into car restoration!

Thanks

Richie

bigears121 said:
eeza said:
Thanks Gaz your a star!!

Hi,ive got a baxi solo 240 pf,and when the heatings switched on and the pumps working everythings fine but when the house reaches temperature,the boiler on lights flickering and the darn things buzzing like mad ,if you can offer any advice i would be truly greatfull.p.s could you email me at [email protected] as my wifes frightend to death its going to go bang! ;)

kind regards

Richie

Try starting another thread next time as you confuse the hell out of everyone by suddenly talking about a totally differant boiler ;)

bigears121 said:
eeza said:
Thanks Gaz your a star!!

kind regards

Richie

Try starting another thread next time as you confuse the hell out of everyone by suddenly talking about a totally differant boiler ;)
same boiler solo 240pf havent changed just thanking people for help ;) argh now i see what you mean sorry guys just when ones wife is frantic and wanting to turn the boiler off well.....i suppose i was just after help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back