Baxi Boiler & Nest Therm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All
I am interested in a nest thermostate.

My current boiler is a BAXI standard boiler pretty new with a programmer underneath it current set to always on as I have lived in my new house for month and cannot be bothered to mess with it.

I have two zones conservatory and rest of house both with their own thermostat and connected to the airing cupboard upstairs doing some wonderful fancy things with pipes as my boiler is not dual zone.

A plumber I know has said can have a nest 3rd Gen connected to the boiler on one or both of the zones and the NEST will also allow me to turn the hot water on and off / put on a schedule.

I asked about the original programmer and he said this can be left but left on always on (rather not have this ugly thing) or a blanking plate could be put in its place.

As the nest is designed to completely replace the programmer would it not be best to get rid of it?
I could also ad another nest for the conservatory zone at a later date.

Now I am hoping the Nest will be in Black Friday so I can buy it and get it installed, Currys charge £70 for an install but not sure I trust them with the dual zone bits that I am sure all makes perfect sense to a professional heating installer.

My plumber wants £100

Is this about right? Any advice? (not to not use nest, the reason I want nest is that it feeds into a home automation system and can be turned up and down etc)

Does the amount sound about right?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back