Baxi boiler - Overheating light on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I wonder if someone could provide some advice on the following problem.
I have a Baxi Solo 2 40PF boiler and noticed 2 days ago that the boiler was stuck on 'overheating' and the pump in my airing cupboard was continually spinning.
This happened after I drained my heating system to remove 2 radiators. I don't know if it's related or not but that's when it all kicked off.
The strange thing is that I haven't even had the central heating on.
I have now reopened and refilled the central heating system but the problem remains. As soon as I power the boiler back on, the overheating light comes straight on and the water pump next to my tank starts spinning, without the boiler even firing.

Can it be related to having an airlock in the system? If so how can I flush it out?
Why is reporting that it is overheating even though neither CH or HW are actually on?
Could it be the PCB (again)???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Phil

Sponsored Links
Turn the control knob to off, wait ten seconds and turn back to where is was and the overheat stat will be reset.

Turn the control knob to off, wait ten seconds and turn back to where is was and the overheat stat will be reset.

Genius! That did it. Overheating light is gone. Boiler fired up as normal when I turn hot water back on.
Any idea what would have caused that?
Is there something I need to do to avoid this happening again?

Many thanks again for the quick answer!

Phil :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back