overheating boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a baxi solo boiler that is intermittenly (4-5 times in an evening) tripping out appartantly because it is overheating. this only happens when the heating is on, not when just the water.
we have had umpteen people out to fix and they have changed the sensors, the pump, the motorised valves, p.c.b. and the potentiometer, yet the fault remains. they have all ruled out sludge in the system or any problem with the heat exchanger. can anyone suggest anything even where i can turn to?

Sponsored Links
we have a byepass which has been checked out o.k. in addition to two towel rails without rad stats. help anyone

Sponsored Links
sounds like the overrun is too short. turn the boiler setting to minimum to minimum and see if it gets better,

thanks very much for these.....but
the boiler is a baxi 2pf
the pump is wired to the boiler
the byepass was fitted by a corgi plumber so i can only assume that it is long enough. in addition the problem occurs even with the boiler on the second lowest stat setting.
i am beginning to wonder if i may have a wiring fault
HELP PLEASE this is driving me nuts!!

the byepass was fitted by a corgi plumber so i can only assume that it is long enough.

I assume nothing !!!

Even if its a proper auto bypass then it has to we connected in the correct direction and set properly.

Tony

thank you. is there a formula or something that i can roughly work out the correct/required length' the pipework goes between the flow and return so i am not sure what you mean by direction. can you explain. once again thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back