baxi combi 100HE plus loosing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
need help i have baxi combi 100 he plus boiler keeps loosing pressure - i have checked for leaks and found none.
the boiler is losing pressure from 2.5 bar and then tripping the ignition lockout at 0.5bar.
i have repressurized the vessel to 2.5 bar but still loosing pressure.
repressurized at 8pm to 2.5 bar and by 11 am following morning pressure at 0.5 bar ignition lockout again.

when repressurized to 2.5 bar and heating is on i am getting water coming from pipe outside.

not sure where to start don't want to be going and changing something i have no need to....

any ideas welcome

Sponsored Links
is prv an abbriviation of pressure valve im looking in the sevice manual but cant see prv.

Sponsored Links
ok thanks will try that ... my initial thought was some sort of valve because of the absence of any leaks.. except outside.

thanks

ok thanks will try that ... my initial thought was some sort of valve because of the absence of any leaks.. except outside.

thanks

you could have said this bit at the start!!!!!!!!!!

as kev said, fill to 1.2 bar and run ch......wot pressure does it rise to??

if pressure goes above 3 bar, PRV will lift to reduce pressure

ok what ive just done is opened and closed the releif valve a few times to try and expell and dirt that might me trapped within the valve seal.

repressurised to 1.5 bar and bressure has gone to about 2.2 bar but water has started leaking from pipe outside ( the one connected to the valve.

so my thoughts are that the valve has become weak and is releasing pressure prematurly

oh yeh there was water in the condesation unit just didnt know weather or not to empty it .. so that ok all is as it should be

are these relief valves easy to fit ?

i know the pipe side of the valve is just simply undo the nut but does the other end the one with the O ring on it is that a push fit or what ... cant make it out from picture i have here..

thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back