Baxi Combi 105e dies on Central Heating after 3 seconds?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Baxi 105e has failed on us after many years of good service :(

Symptoms:

DHW works ok - burner lights - all good.

Central Heating not working:

* Burner lights and then flame dies after about 3 seconds of being lit
* Flame failure LED is displayed on control panel ( flashing )
* Can be reset and then fails again after 3 seconds and so on
* System pressurised correctly

This fault appears have started after our power being off for several hours.

I'm trying to pre-arm myself with some knowledge before I have to get the professionals in so appreciate any suggestions as to the possible cause.

Sponsored Links
Try running a hot tap near the boiler untill the flame is established, then reduce the flow of the HW at the tap to atrickle and see if the burner goes off then comes back on , or goes to flame lockout

Try running a hot tap near the boiler untill the flame is established, then reduce the flow of the HW at the tap to atrickle and see if the burner goes off then comes back on , or goes to flame lockout

Thanks Ian, yes on DHW I can reduce to a trickle till flame off and then increase flow and flame will reignite successfully.

When supplying DHW a fair but of clunking going on - flame going on full and then reduces and back up and so on but no flame failure.

Central Heating however as per my original post fails after about 3 seconds - burner ignites and then dies to flame failure.

Sponsored Links
Nothing coming to mind , can you post a video of it locking out and showing all the leds, and another of the noise when running HW please

Nothing coming to mind , can you post a video of it locking out and showing all the leds, and another of the noise when running HW please

I'll try and capture this later today and post .. thanks

burner pressure - not something I can check myself

- why would burner pressure not also affect the DHW?

The flue goes up and out of the roof ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Does your flue go up and out the roof or straight out the wall

Hardly advice in DIY gas work.didnt tell him how to check it!

But no you can't check or alter that your self. You'll have to get someone to check that who is competent.

The older flues on these can crack internally.

I know this has been some time - still trying to get my Baxi 105e combi boiler fixed :(

There was an issue with my flue ( internal clip broken ) which has been fixed with the help of a local plumber.

However although this has improved the efficiency and operation of the DHW the central heating still fails when it receives a demand.

Would appreciate if anyone can offer any suggestions as to what may be going on - as per embedded clips below?

Central Heating failing

DHW working

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back