Baxi Combi 105e - hot water goes hot, cold, hot again!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My shower starts ok, the water stays warm but then it goes cold for a while and back to warm.

I cleaned the primary heat exchanger about 2 months ago and it seemed to fix the issue until recently so I decided to do it again over the weekend. I gave it another rinse but there was no crud what so ever. This morning I had the same shower problem!

The 3-way assembly valve is singing but I need to replace a few o-rings as per this post:

//www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/baxi-105e-high-pitch-noise.346414/#2593442

Does anyone have any ideas why I’m still getting the hot cold water issue? Is this related to the o-rings I need to replace in the assembly valve?

The boiler was only serviced last month!

Thanks
Adam

Sponsored Links
Do you have the same problem when running the hot taps in the bathroom? It could be your shower thermostatic valve playing up.

I think we do have the same issue with the taps but I'll double check tonight, cheers

Unfortunately I get the same hot, cold, hot etc water issue with the taps!

Any ideas please...

Sponsored Links
Hi - I have the same issue - read somewhere that it could be the plate heat exchanger needs flushing/cleaning? Wondered if you have solved your problem or if anyone knows how to diagnose if it is the plate heat exchanger?

Hi. it sounds like the diaphram washer could be split in the water section to me ! a baxi service kit from plumb centre/ hrp should sort it out about £14

Cleaning the heat exchanger did work for about 2 months but the issue came back again. I cleaned it again early December while replacing the o-rings on the 3 way valve (separate issue) but so far no repeat of the hot & cold issue.

If it does come back, I’ll give it another clean & replace the DHW sensor while I’m at it.

Could be more dirt got in. Did you have the system power flushed?

Or perhaps you did not clean it properly?

What method/chemicals did you use?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back