Baxi Combi 105E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if any of you have experiecned this before

i fitted an new (recon) diverter about 18 months ago due to it not switching between hot water and central heating

but now have another fault where if i run the hot water for any given amount of time it stays hot but if i turn it off and then go to use it again the boiler is flashing the 60 degree light and in order for me to get it going again i just reset the boiler and it fires straight up

This has been a bit temperamental for a while now but as of this week its every time i use the boiler

but if i use the hot water and don't go to use it again for roughly half and hour to an hour it will work fine with out me having to reset the boiler

i'm thinking pcb but something inside me is saying the diverter is playing around and not fully closing off when the hot tap is turned off?

Sponsored Links
60 degree light is the pump fault IIRC.

You'll need to check pressure, auto air vent is open, pump proving pin and switch and the pump itself obviously.

Sponsored Links
thanks will check them out tomorrow and report back my findings

thinking it is the pcb though as a quick off and on on the power switch and it fires straight up

will check the other bits first though

Sounds to me like the pump proving pin is sticking up in the on position as when the boiler tries to fire again it checks it is open circuit first if it is sticking it could be the diaphragm or a blockage in the bypass pipe ;0)

Sounds to me like the pump proving pin is sticking up in the on position as when the boiler tries to fire again it checks it is open circuit first if it is sticking it could be the diaphragm or a blockage in the bypass pipe ;0)

just checked and yes it appears to be sticking up.

once the light is flashing it i then push the pin down manually and turn the hot water on it fires up as normal

cheers gaz looks like you've sussed this one out for me

now to find a local supplier for the diaphragm so i can get it sorted while the kids are at school

When you dismantle it to replace diaphragm , don't forget to clean and grease the spindle also.

Just wanted to let you know that i replaced the diaphragm on the top of the diverter and all is working well

thanks for helping out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back